NICC is the abbreviation of the Netherlands International Cooperation Collection. The NICC Foundation is committed to making experiences with international cooperation and sustainable development more transparent and insightful. NICC also wants to connect initiatives, link experience to new knowledge, and promote discussions. In this way, NICC wants to contribute to a more sustainable and connected global society.
NICC manages a wide range of material on international cooperation from around 1950 to the present day and makes it accessible via its website, (digital) exhibitions, events, discussion sessions and participation in the activities of other organisations. All this in order to provide more insight into development processes, geopolitical and socio-economic developments and international cooperation models. NICC also wants to form a link with other sources of (informal) heritage in relation to international cooperation, by making connections, for example by combining material from different organisations into exhibitions, but also by referring people to the content.
The aim of the foundation is to preserve, make accessible and use material related to Dutch international cooperation aimed at global sustainable development. In addition, NICC also engages in related activities.
The foundation wants to achieve this goal by:
- collecting, borrowing, registering, making available and using relevant material such as books, posters, maps, CDs, DVDs, objects and the like for lectures, exhibitions, film screenings, guided tours and the like;
- make parts of the collection available as study material on location, via a website, or give them on loan to third parties;
- take part in events organised by third parties; provide video interviews and reports, digital newsletters and publications;
- promoting cooperation with other organisations and/or individuals who collect and store and/or use material related to Dutch international cooperation aimed at global sustainable development;
- obtaining and managing funds for the preservation and use of the collection;
The foundation is not for profit.
- Organisations, volunteers, consultants, social entrepreneurs, diplomats, etc. involved in international activities aimed at sustainable development and/or poverty reduction.
- Dutch and international students of higher professional education and mid-career professionals, mainly from Africa, Asia, Latin America and the Middle East.
- For certain exhibitions and events also attract a wider public, including secondary school teachers and secondary school students as well as expatriates working in the Netherlands and international visitors.
- Organisations and persons that are or were internationally oriented and/or active
- Academies and training courses in communication, art, journalism, use and management of collections
- Other Collections
The collection contains material on sustainability and poverty alleviation including the following topics:
- Climate change: mitigation and adaptation
- Culture and Creativity
- Economic Development
- Land and Water Management
- Peace and Security
- SRHR (Sexual and Reproductive Health & Rights)
- Water, Sanitation and Hygiene
- Women, Emancipation and Gender
Support NICC through legacies and/or inheritances
If you are considering including a contribution to NICC in your will, we will be happy to facilitate this. You can contact the NICC treasurer Jaap Rooimans (firstname.lastname@example.org).