Objective of the NICC Foundation as expressed in the statutes
The aim of the foundation is to preserve, make accessible and use material related to Dutch international cooperation aimed at global sustainable development. In addition, NICC is also involved in activities related to the above.
The foundation wants to achieve this goal by:
- to make parts of the collection available as study material on location, via a website, or by lending it to third parties;
- to participate in events organised by third parties; video interviews and reports, digital newsletters and publications to
to take care of
- promoting cooperation with other organisations and/or individuals who collect, store, and/or use material related to Dutch international cooperation aimed at global sustainable development;
- acquiring and managing funds to maintain and utilise the collection;
The foundation has no profit motive.
NICC wants to reach the following target groups in the period 2018 – 2019.
- Organisations and people who are or have been involved as volunteers, consultants, social entrepreneurs, diplomats, etc. in international activities aimed at sustainable development and/or poverty reduction
- Dutch and international students from higher vocational education and university programmes and mid-career professionals, mainly from Africa, Asia, Latin America and the Middle East
- At certain exhibitions and events also a wider public, including secondary school teachers and secondary school students, expatriates working in the Netherlands and international visitors.
- Organisations and persons who are or have been internationally oriented and/or active
- Art academies and training courses on communication and the use and management of collections
- Other collections
The collection contains material on sustainability and poverty reduction, including the following subjects:
- Land and water management
- Water, sanitation and hygiene
- Women’s emancipation/gender, sexual and reproductive rights and health (SRHR)
- Culture and creativity
- Climate change: mitigation and adaptation
- Renewable energy
- Good governance
- Development of small and medium-sized enterprises